Our lovely apartment is in the heart of Arisaig village. We have fabulous views over the natural sea harbour and out to the Small Isles. The perfect holiday location for up to four guests (plus suitable for a baby and small dog) is close to pubs, restaurants, rail links, boat trips, ferries, great beaches, walking, kayaking & wildlife.
We recommend that you book direct by sending a text or calling Michael on 07884214931. Alternatively email email@example.com . We can send you our terms and conditions by return and take a booking accordingly.
You can view availability on Airbnb by searching “Downey Birch House Airbnb”. Bookings via third party sites like this will incur booking charges.
You will stay in a bright and cosy apartment (ground and upper floors) adjoining the main house but remaining completely self-contained and private. The apartment has its own entrance and private parking, as well as doors that open to the large communal gardens. The apartment comprises:
Ground floor; entrance hall, lounge/diner (stairs), galley kitchen, twin bedroom with en-suite shower and toilet.
First floor; stairs to open plan, sitting area with views out to sea, and through to a king size double bed with an adjoining en-suite bathroom with bath, shower, and toilet.
The apartment is fully equipped for your convenience, having tv, with humax satellite and dvd, small DVD library, and free wi-fi. The kitchen has all appliances, and the bedrooms have good natural light, and are very comfortable. The downstairs bedroom has two single beds with wardrobe, chest of drawers and bedside cabinets. The upstairs bedroom has a king size bed with wardrobe, built in cupboards, chest of drawers, leather sofa and views out to the sea.
The benefits of Central Arisaig
You will be within walking distance to:
- Arisaig waterfront – seats and ice-cream
- Arisaig Marina – pier, café, shop, boat trips to the Small Isles:
- Arisaig Hotel and Crofters Bar – food, drink and music nights
- Old Library Restaurant – for fine dining
- Sound Bites Café – lunch and licenced refreshments
- Marina Café – soup and sandwiches
- Shellfish Shack – takeaway shellfish fresh from the sea & artisan breads
- Land, Sea and Island Visitor Centre – local history and culture
- Two historic churches
- Play-park with swings and football pitch
- Arisaig Railway Station – the most-Westerly in Britain
- The Spar and Post Office – for essentials and ice-cream!
From the village you can also:
- Walk to the Rhu peninsula, Arisaig Gardens & Craig Mhor
- Sea Kayak [book locally with a local Kayaking Centre]
- Nine-hole golf course with spectacular sea views at Traigh Golf Course
- Cycle to sandy beaches, Camusdarach, Silver Sands, Loch Morar, Borrodale and Mallaig
Within 10 minutes, drive to all the wonderful beaches, the fishing port of Mallaig and further afield to Castle Toiram, the Isle of Skye (using the ferry at Mallaig) and the Glenfinnan Viaduct.
Arisaig is a stopping place for the Jacobite Steam Train, aka Harry Potter’s Hogwarts Express which puffs its way through four times per day. The station provides the Scotrail link to Mallaig & Fort William, and the direct link to Glasgow & London Euston.
We are happy to accept small, well-behaved dogs by prior arrangement if they sleep in the apartment kitchen. If you prefer to have your dog sleep with you on the bed, or on a sofa, then please do not book this accommodation. There is absolutely no smoking in the apartment. Wi-fi is available from our home-hub. Due to our location, water pressure is OK, but not powerful.
Michael and Fiona have welcomed guests at Downey Birch House since 2006.